- Your pay: end-of-year and start-of-year dates 2014-15
- Support bill changes to keep students safe
- SecondaryEd news 26 Nov 2014
- A needs-based model of school resourcing — time for a national discussion?
- ASPIRE Pension Scheme Transfer (State Sector Retirement Savings Scheme (SSRSS)) update
- Advice to the New Government 2014
Welcome to PPTA
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 January 2014 20:06
Welcome to the website of the New Zealand Post Primary Teachers' Association / Te Wehengarua (PPTA), the professional association representing teachers and principals in secondary and area schools, and teachers in intermediates, technicraft centres, and community education.
Support bill changes to keep students safe
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 November 2014 04:11
26 November 2014
The government has the opportunity to prevent major teacher opposition to the proposed new teachers council by supporting changes to the Education Amendment Bill (2).
PPTA president Angela Roberts said one of the biggest risks of the new body was the danger in which its overly ambitious functions placed students by threatening its core business of keeping students safe.
Changes to the bill being proposed by the Green Party would create a democratic council focused on the core business of regulating entry to and exit from the teaching profession.
More than 1000 teachers made submissions against the government’s plan to create an entirely ministerially appointed new body called ‘EDUCANZ’ to regulate the teaching profession.
Secondary teachers vote IES into collective
- Last Updated on Thursday, 20 November 2014 20:16
21 November 2014
PPTA members have voted to include two teaching roles central to Investing in Educational Success (IES) in their collective agreement.
At paid union meetings held throughout the country over the past two weeks 80.3% voted to include the Community of Schools (CoS) Within School Teacher and the CoS Across Community Teacher positions in the Secondary Teachers Collective Agreement (STCA).