New Zealand Post Primary Teachers' Association / Te Wehengarua (PPTA) Branches are divided into 24 regions throughout New Zealand. Regions are autonomous and led by elected regional officers: chairperson, secretary, treasurer, women’s co-ordinator, te reo-a-rohe and Pasifika co-ordinators.
Regional Officers directory (requires members to log-in to site)
Each region is responsible for:
- forming links between the branches in its area and links between its branches and the Executive;
- discussing matters referred to it by the Executive;
- considering remits from its branches and forwarding such remits to the Executive if approved by the regional
- appointing representatives to attend annual and special conferences;
- originating discussion on matters concerned with education n general and with secondary education in particular;
- controlling regional finances;
- supplying to the Executive before 31 May each year a report on its activities for the previous year.