STCA 2013 Appendix B: Medical Retirement "“ Serious Illness
- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 02:17
- STCA 2013 Appendix B: Medical Retirement "“ Serious Illness
- 1.1-1.3 (Explanatory)
- 1.4 Employee Initiated Process
- 1.5 Employer Initiated Process
- 1.7 Seeking Concurrence
- 1.8 Medical Retirement Options
- 1.9 Vacant Position Appointment
- 1.10 Eligibility for Compassionate Grant
- 1.11 Re-entry policy
- All Pages
1.9 Vacant Position Appointment
From the date the Secretary for Education gives notification of concurrence to medical retirement, regardless of the option chosen by the employee under 1.8, the employer shall be entitled to make a permanent appointment to the position as if that position were vacant.
Note: This position shall be advertised in the Education Gazette as an actual vacancy position.The Teachers Council will be notified by the employer that the employee has been medically retired.