- SecondaryEd news 21 Oct 2014
- Paid Union Meetings (PUMs) schedule 10-20 Nov 2014
- IES Information Kit for PPTA Branch Officers
- PPTA Establishing Teachers' Conference 2015
- IES variation to the STCA - information for area school members
- ASPIRE Pension Scheme Transfer (State Sector Retirement Savings Scheme (SSRSS))
Pasifika Voices: speak up, speak out, speak loud: Presentations
- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 02:18
Pasifika Voices: speak up, speak out, speak loud was the title of the New Zealand Post Primary Teachers' Association / Te Wehengarua (PPTA) Pasifika Conference 2012.
The theme for our fono spoke to the intrinsic value of self and group expression and identity and to the need for all members of our society to voice issues, discuss solutions, be heard, and participate - in education, employment, community.
Some of the presentations and papers delivered at the conference are available for download:
A collection of Pasifika songs.
An outline of Komiti Pasifika's plans in terms of work and activism, including concerns about maintaining specific PI languages.
NZQA outline of its journey so far and future intent in terms of Pasifika learning.
This document discusses best methods for teaching bilingual students. It particularly notes the value of Pacific first languages.
MP for Mangere Su'a William Sio talks about sharing identity, Pacific language issues, and the benefits of bilingualism.
Strategies for a proud Pasifika centric transformation of Pasifika education in New Zealand.
Details of Pasifika Arts and Crafts, including distinguishing between commercial and cultural expressions.