News and views from PPTA president Angela Roberts.
Includes the PPTA News viewpoint and his responses to various education issues raised in the media.
(Angela began her presidency mid January 2013)
Helen never gave up fighting for working people
- Last Updated on Friday, 14 October 2016 02:17
“On behalf of the PPTA, I send my love and aroha to Helen Kelly’s family and friends.
I am so sorry to hear that our union rock has died.
Helen never gave up fighting for working people from every sector – whether they be education staff battling for better working conditions, or saving the lives of forestry workers by advocating for improved health and safety protections. Helen dedicated her entire career to improving the working lives of others.
Helen has been a staunch presence for teachers and working people for so long, we can’t imagine the union movement without her.
We are proud to stand in solidarity with everyone around the country and the world who is mourning the loss of this strong and determined person.
E te whaea Helen. Te tangi o te ngākau. Aue, aue...taukiri e! Moe mai ra, arohanui.”
- Somebody is thinking of the children
- Braving the storm: bulk funding on the horizon
- Pragmatic problem-solver will be missed
- Systematic betrayal of our state and integrated school system
- Let's try learner-centred PLD for teachers
- We need teacher activists in our schools
- 2016: preparing for working parties and pantomimes
- Community solidarity bringing change for working people