News and views from PPTA president Angela Roberts.
Includes the PPTA News viewpoint and his responses to various education issues raised in the media.
(Angela began her presidency mid January 2013)
Education in political limelight
- Last Updated on Thursday, 01 May 2014 02:42
PPTA president Angela Roberts writes about education and elections.
What’s going on with education being the top rated election issue? How are schools and teachers trumping cows, power companies and Auckland bungalows?
Not that I’m complaining ― it’s given me the chance to speak out in the media for PPTA members even more than usual, which I’m always happy to do. But it’s a strange state of affairs, and worth considering.
The obvious reason is the government’s been having a hard time of it lately in the education area. And by lately, I mean the last three years. The education minister’s advisors must dread the Monday morning papers like students who haven’t studied checking their NCEA exam results.
- Double standards - standards based performance pay for teachers
- Govt offer worth a peek - Investing in Educational Success
- Mad micromanagement
- Please don't feed the bears! Charter schools may look harmless
- Caught between conspiracy and cock-up
- When a spade's a spade. Teaching is the best job in the world
- False heroes and real villains
- Minister unwilling to learn