- Education election panel - Wellington, August 12, 2014
- SecondaryEd news 1 Sept 2014
- Teachers Council - elections for a secondary teacher representative
- Call for nominations for executive & presidential team
- PPTA annual conference 2014
- Interim agreement reached on Investing in Educational Success (IES)
Health check tool for the gender pay gap
- Created on Thursday, 18 February 2010 01:05
- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 02:17
Judge for yourselves
New self-assessment and monitoring tool launched by the Human Rights Commission allows companies and organisations to work out whether they have a gender pay gap and what they can do about it.
New Zealand has had a gender pay gap between men and women of about 12 per cent median hourly rates for the past decade. The framework concentrates on a few key indicators, and it links you into sources of further information about gender equity at work.
This is a voluntary self-monitoring exercise to help encourage best practice. It is designed to help employers obtain the advantages that go with gender equity. This framework also helps employers meet their legal requirements under the Human Rights Act and other legislation.