- Last Updated on Sunday, 04 October 2015 19:49
PPTA Women's Structures
The women's structure of PPTA provides a forum for women members to raise, discuss and promote their issues and aims at branch, regional and national levels.
- Branch Women's Contacts are the first port of call for women members in branches.
- Regional Women Coordinators continue their regional roles of co-ordinating women's issues, activities, and education throughout their regions.
The Women's Network is responsible for overall co-ordinating of women members' issues and activities, oversees particular initiatives and campaigns and conveys issues of concern to the Executive.
Women's Network Goals
1. To develop and maintain strong communication links for women members within regions and between regions, National Office and the Executive;
2. To grow support and contributions on the PPTA Women Facebook page;
3. Active support for the 26 for babies campaign to extend paid parental leave;
4. To promote voting by women members and students in the upcoming General Election, particularly organised around a Suffrage Day event (i.e. Friday 19 September, the day before Election Day); and
5. To coordinate activities with the PPTA Men’s Committee on issues relevant to both groups (for example, extending paid parental leave and the White Ribbon campaign).
- Next >>