Vacancy: IT Manager
ICT MANAGER VACANCY
New Zealand Post Primary Teachers’ Association Te Wehengarua (NZPPTA) represents the professional and industrial interests of New Zealand secondary teachers. We have an exciting role for an IT Manager who will focus on the end-to-end delivery of all IT requirements for NZPPTA. The successful applicant will ideally start in September 2022 and be based in our Wellington Office.
About The Role
You will be the sole IT representative across our NZ offices (Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Dunedin, Palmerston North, Auckland) The role is wide-ranging including managing our IT infrastructure, issuing technology, providing Executive support, etc. We are looking for an all-rounder who is keen to be part of the team, a self-starter, not afraid to jump in and own the IT discipline. You would be the delivery lead on all IT system/software upgrades and projects.
You will have:
• Excellent knowledge of technical management, computer hardware/software systems
• Good leadership skills
• The ability to interact confidently and professionally with both staff and members
• The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
• Strong problem-solving skills with a real eye for details
• Logical thought processes and the ability to use your own initiatives to resolve IT problems
• Excellent communication skills, high levels of ownership, muck in and really enjoy helping people and working through to get good outcomes
The Association is committed to partnership in accordance with Te Tiriti o Waitangi. A commitment to union goals and a high-quality public secondary education service is essential. The Association is an equal opportunities employer.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must have the right to permanent residence or a work permit. A job description may be obtained from Julie Elliott by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by noon on Thursday 18th August 2022 and should be emailed to email@example.com.