Free online curriculum support for PCTs
The PPTA has partnered with Teacher Development Aotearoa (TDA) to provide a free online curriculum support programme for PCTs and other early career teachers.
This programme will assist kaiako in gaining a greater understanding of the curriculum refresh, and provide an opportunity to connect with others at the same stage of their career and with subject experts in each curriculum learning area via the Networks of Expertise (NEX).
NEW in Term 3: Free online support programme on the Social Studies curriculum refresh
Following their booked-out inaugural general curriculum support programme, TDA will be running a further webinar series focusing on Social Studies.
Supported by Networks of Expertise (NEX) leaders and subject-matter experts, TDA will deliver a three-part webinar in weeks 2–4 of term 3.
- Tuesday 25 July, 11am – 12.30pm
- Wednesday 2 August, 11am – 12.30pm
- Thursday 10 August, 11am – 12.30pm
- unpack the “understand, know, do” model as it applies to this curriculum area;
- explore practical Social Science examples of how to weave “understand, know, do” together; provide advice on co-constructing lessons that embed literacy, numeracy and Mātauranga Māori; and
- involve plenty of time for discussions and questions.