Voluntary Bonding Scheme
If you are teaching in one of the eligible schools, which are very isolated or decile one you should check the Teach NZ website to see if you can receive this payment.
You qualify for the Voluntary Bonding Scheme if:
- you completed your teaching qualification* after 2004 and in 2009 were teaching in an eligible school, or
- you completed your teaching qualification* after 1 January 2009 and since your beginning teacher year have been teaching in an eligible school
- and you completed your initial teaching qualification in New Zealand
- and you gained provisional registration and began teaching within 12 months of completion of your qualification.
* This is based on the date on your statement of completion of studies, for a course that qualifies you to receive provisional registration with the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand for the first time.
There is an application form that you can complete in your first three years of teaching, or up to the end of your fifth year, as long as you remain teaching in an eligible school.
Voluntary bonding scheme information (Teach NZ website)